I have been sending emails to my inmate. Will I continue to use that account?

In order to do two-way eMessaging you will need to link your JPay account with a Securus account. This will allow you to transfer any stamp balances and your message history. Watch for an email announcement with instructions or try to link accounts here. Note that your inmate must have received their loaner Unity tablet for you to link your accounts and start enjoying 2 way messaging.